National Directory of Arts Internships ( New! )
11th Edition, Completly Revised And updated
Editors: Warren Christensen, Heather Barton
Compiled By: Heather Barton and Bertha Chambers
Softcover, per-copy cost $95.00, with pre-payment, plus $12.00 shipping and handling. ISBN 13-978-0-945941-16-3
One of the most comprehensive guides of its kind, the National Directory of Arts Internships has again expanded its listings of entry/ intern/ fellowship opportunities for artists seeking experience in every art form produced in the U.S.A. Whether you're interested in Art/Design, Theatre Production, Music, Dance, Film, or Arts Management; this Directory cites over 700 host organizations and more than 1,600 internships across the country, in businesses and institutions who offer a wide variety of internship options for you to choose from in pursuing your arts vocation through the year 2010. We have included in our listings the career field of journalism and computer graphics. Use this publication as a resource guide to make that bridge from emergence to paid professionalism.
Edited by: Warren Christensen & Heather Barton.
"One of the BEST in career and education print publications."
– National Education and Information Centers
Example: Kalamazoo Civic Theatre 329 South Park Street Kalamazoo, MI 49007 (269) 343-2200
Contact: Duwain Hunt, Executive Director www.kazoocivic.com
The nationally acclaimed Kalamzoo Civic Theatre seeks interns for its upcoming season. Whether working in our state-of-the-art arena theatre or recently renovated proscenium house, interns train under the supervision of a professional staff. The Civic offers a motivating, highly professional atmosphere, in which our interns are challenged to utilize previously acquired skills and training, while at the same time being provided with an opportunity to expand their skills and experiences. In addition, our interns are able to build impressive portfolios.
Description: Interns will design, TD, or stage manage up to 6 productions during the season. Internships are available in the following areas: Lighting/Sound Design, Properties Design, Costume Design, Scenic Design, Stage Management, and Technical Direction. Interns receive $175 per week plus housing, and paid health insurance. Twelve month positions begin in June with nine months positions commencing in September. Second year extensions are offered contingent on good evaluations.
Eligibility: College graduates who have successfully completed study in recognized, accredited drama departments and individuals with theatrical backgrounds.
Applications are accepted between February 1st and April 15th for June or September employment. Submit cover letter and resume with references to: Duwain Hunt, Executive Director. Please reference this ad in cover letter. No phone calls, please.
More than 1,600 internships to choose from in pursuing your arts vocation including:
- Art/Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Mural Art, Public Art, Sculpture Arts
- Arts Management (any discipline)
- Consortium: Organization offering a group of internships on behalf of its members
- Dance, Choreography, Performer
- Film (Producing, Directing, Production, Exhibition), Film, Video, Animation
- Intern Referral & Placement Services
- Literary, Author, Publisher Nationwide Newspapers
- Multidisciplinary, Performance Art
- Museum/Gallery (any discipline)
- Music, Composition, Instrumentalist
- PADT Performing Arts Design & Technology: Production Design (any discipline)
- Photography, Fine Art, Journalism
- Theatre or Film, Acting, Directing
- Writing, Advertising, Journalism & Communications